Makes 12 delicious bars
· 250g semi dried apricots (or 200g dried apricots soaked for at least 20 minutes, then discard water)
· 100g pecans or walnuts
· 50g pine nuts
· 50g golden sultanas or similar dried fruit
· Zest of 1 orange
· 300g rolled oats
· 1 tbsp orange blossom water
· 125g grapeseed oil or coconut oil
· 125g caster sugar
· 125g honey (e.g. orange blossom honey)
Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas mark 5.
Line a 20cm x 25cm baking tin or similar at least 5cm deep.
Roughly chop the apricots and mix in a large bowl with the nuts, dried fruit orange zest and oats.
Stir in the orange blossom water to combine.
Bring the oil, sugar and honey to the boil in a large pan mixing all the time with a spoon. Once the whole surface is bubbling and the ingredients are well combined, stir in the oat mixture thoroughly until the oats and fruit are fully coated. Take care as the mixture will be very hot.
Transfer mixture to the baking tin and flatten the mixture to fill the tin. Pop in the oven for 15–20 minutes until golden all over. Leave to cool then cut into bars. Enjoy pre, during or post ride. To keep them fresh on a ride, wrap in wax paper or cling film. They will keep in an airtight container for 3–4 days.